Re: End of Saga WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Charles Crayne wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:04:16 -0800 (PST)
> Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein yahoo com> wrote:
>
>> With internet access the way it is, why not just
>> do rolling updates?
>
> Sounds good, until the day when yum identifies 473 dependencies for the
> package you want to install.

One of those other buggers I don't like about Fedora.  A ridiculous
number of dependencies that (to me, mind you) seem superfluous.   But,
again, what's it like when a new release comes out?  It's 500+MB of
updates.  With rolling updates it's possible to scale that down, I think.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support