Re: End of Saga WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

2009/2/10 Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org>:
> Oh?  And how come I can install the same set of software in Gentoo and
> not need an extra 50+MB of dependencies?  I wish I had an example at the
> moment, but I don't.  However, I'm sure one will pop up sooner or later.

Because gentoo builds from source on your local machine, building in
support for componenets as specified by your USE flags, whereas Fedora
is a binary distribution, and dependencies are generated during the
building of those binaries.

Now, why don't my apples taste like oranges?

Jonathan.