Re: rpmbuild question - follow on to gcc issues

---- "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > I downloaded a src rpm, built it using rpmbuild and the spec file
> > and ran it. So far, so good. Now I want to modify the source to add
> > some debugging statements. The problem is that the src rpm contains
> > a number of patches and one of the patches is to the file I want to
> > modify. Now when I rpmbuild, the patching fails because the source
> > file it is trying to patch doesn't look the same.
> >
> > What is the Fedora way of dealing with this situation?
> >
> > Let me know if this needs to be moved to the devel list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve.
> >
> One way is to create your own patch that is used after the original
> patch. Add it to the end of the patch list.

Yukk!! That will get really tiresome really quickly. At this point I don't really know what I'm looking for so I may end up having to add debug statements to several files.

Is there a way to apply all the patches to the source code and them remove them from the spec file?

Steve