Re: rpmbuild question - follow on to gcc issues

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 09:52:14 am Steve wrote:
> I downloaded a src rpm, built it using rpmbuild and the spec file and ran
> it. So far, so good. Now I want to modify the source to add some debugging
> statements. The problem is that the src rpm contains a number of patches
> and one of the patches is to the file I want to modify. Now when I
> rpmbuild, the patching fails because the source file it is trying to patch
> doesn't look the same.
>
> What is the Fedora way of dealing with this situation?
>
> Let me know if this needs to be moved to the devel list.
do a rpmbuild -bp <specfile>   then you can can go into the prepared source and
make you patch toapply in the spec. I almost have a new fedora-packager update
ready  which will allow anonmous checkouts of fedora packages from cvs  you
can grab the script from https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-
packager/browser/src/fedora-cvs.py  it requires you have PyOpenSSL and cvs
installed

Dennis