Re: End of Saga WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:10:04 -0500
"Mark Haney" <mhaney ercbroadband org> wrote:

> It's 500+MB of
> updates.  With rolling updates it's possible to scale that down, I
> think.

Your post makes it seem like Fedora does not do any rolling updates. I
haven't been keeping an exact count, but since F10's release, I'm
pretty sure that I have installed several hundred updated packages,
totaling over 500MB in size. By the time that F11 is released, I expect
that more than half of the original F10 packages will have been updated.
In addition, many of the F11 packages will be subsequently repackaged
for F10, which will still be supported for about another six months.

Having said that, however, I agree that there is still room for
improvement

--
Chuck
http://www.pacificsites.com/~ccrayne/charles.html