Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)
From: Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 02/10/2009 04:10 PM

Sorry, I hate to break it to you, Gentoo's versions are just as up to
date and bleeding edge as Fedora's.  I'm running KDE 4.2.  The .28
kernel, etc, etc.  So that argument fails in my opinion.

I do believe that Fedora has a QA staff as well.  So, I don't see your
point here.  I'd dare say my gentoo system is as 'bleeding edge' as most
fedora boxes.  QA is QA.  Bug reports are bug reports.

You didn't get what I said. I realize that Gentoo provides all the same latest and greatest stuff Fedora does, however, they mask most of the bleeding-edge stuff that Fedora has already.

I suppose PackageKit could have a similar flag option... "stable," "bleeding-edge," and "rawhide." ;)