Re: rpmbuild question - follow on to gcc issues

Steve wrote:
---- "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:

One way is to create your own patch that is used after the original
patch. Add it to the end of the patch list.

Yukk!! That will get really tiresome really quickly. At this point I don't really know what I'm looking for so I may end up having to add debug statements to several files.

Is there a way to apply all the patches to the source code and them remove them from the spec file?

Steve

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is it's a lot easier to just change the compile to be a debugging version and run gdb on the result. There should be a switch, but if there isn't just change the CFLAGS to use -ggdb -Wall -O0.

Of course, it depends on what you're debugging as to whether this is feasible.

HTH