Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)

Mark Haney wrote:
Michael Cronenworth wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!
From: Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
<fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 02/10/2009 03:21 PM

Now, I'm done with this thread.

OK, great. Maybe we can speak to you now.

As if I've not been listening?  I have. I just refuse to lay down on
something like this. I am defending my position that I like rolling
updates better.  Not that everyone should.  Sheesh.

Firefox
Yes, it's a beast for me, too. Fedora builds FF with Pango support. Try
disabling Pango in the /usr/bin/firefox script and see if it makes any
difference for you (sometimes it does for me). MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO

Honestly, I am so used to FF being a slug on my desktop, I don't even
use it any more.  I use Opera now.  However, I will keep this in mind.

A little voice whispered "seamonkey" in the silence...

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>