help installing JRE and make it work with firefox 3, on fedora 10 x64 arch

Hi everyone,

I have tried pretty much all the instructions found on the net, but I have been unable to install JRE and make it work with firefox 3.

I have installed JRE but I cannot either see the console anywhere.

[root localhost firefox]# rpm -aq | grep jre
jre-1.6.0_12-fcs.x86_64

please help!

Thanks,

DavidG