Re: help installing JRE and make it work with firefox 3, on fedora 10 x64 arch

David Antonio Garcia Campos wrote:
> I have tried pretty much all the instructions found on the net, but I have
> been unable to install JRE and make it work with firefox 3.

What's wrong with the openjdk JRE which ships with Fedora? It even passes
the official Java compatibility testsuite now.

yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
should just work. In Fedora 10, the plugin even supports LiveConnect (the
JavaScript-Java bridge).

        Kevin Kofler