Re: help installing JRE and make it work with firefox 3, on fedora 10 x64 arch

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
David Antonio Garcia Campos wrote:
> I have tried pretty much all the instructions found on the net, but I have
> been unable to install JRE and make it work with firefox 3.

What's wrong with the openjdk JRE which ships with Fedora? It even passes
the official Java compatibility testsuite now.

yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
should just work. In Fedora 10, the plugin even supports LiveConnect (the
_javascript_-Java bridge).

In my case, I need to access a bank account which only authenticates
me if I use the jre from SUN. Worst, for the time being, only the 32 bit version.

Nothing would makes me happier than getting rid of SUN jre once for all.
I can assure you I am not a masochist.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ