Re: Building latest kernel on FC7

JD wrote:
I have built kernel 2.6.28.2 on my FC7 machine,
but I cannot boot it. It panics very
very early in the boot.
Is there a dep I am missing? If so, shouldn't
the build belch out some message about it?

Hard to diagnose without seeing the boot output. Maybe a problem with your initial ramdisk or the disk driver. Try building a minimal kernel with all the drivers builtin (no modules).

It might help to attach your .config, someone might spot a problem.

Regards,

John