bbc and realplayer

Peter Malcolm Croft Price petermcprice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:50:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I go on realplayer web site and try to play bbc 2 radio
>
> http://france.real.com/music/bbcradio/
>

> realplayer tells me that some codecs are not available. When I press update,
> nothing happens. I have installed the last available version (11).
>

> could you help please. thanks in advance
>

> Adel
>

> --
>

> http://ilovefedora.blogspot.com/
>

> --
> PhD candidate in Computer Science
> Address
> BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
> 1001 Tunis
> Tunisia
> tel: +216 97 246 706
> fax: +216 71 391 166
>
> --

That link  takes me to
http://france.real.com/inc/info/unavailable/fr/?os=linux

and no music, which is strange because
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_two/
brings up the music immediately (Tina Turner at the moment)
try that to eliminate a site fault.
If no joy it may be a plugin fault because I have never had codecs
problem  with realplay and the BBC
you could also try, on the command line
realplay rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/scotland/radioscotland/demand/anderson/rs_anderson_sun.ra
(all on one line)
Peter