Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:26:09 +0100
From: adelessafi gmail com
To: fedora-list redhat com
Subject: bbc and realplayer

Hi list

I go on realplayer web site and try to play bbc 2 radio

http://france.real.com/music/bbcradio/

realplayer tells me that some codecs are not available. When I press update, nothing happens. I have installed the last available version (11).

could you help please. thanks in advance

Adel
--

You can determine which plugins Firefox sees by entering the following in the address bar about:plugins. This will confirm if Real Player plugin is seen or not.

I don't have Real Player installed but can stream radio from www.bbc.co.uk. I have installed the gecko-mediaplayer which is available from RPM Fusion - http://rpmfusion.org/ This appears to work with all BBC streams I have tried.

--
Lalit Dhiri
Linux the root to no GPFs

Windows Live Messenger just got better .Video display pics, contact updates & more.
http://www.download.live.com/messenger

PhD candidate in Computer Science
Address
BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
1001 Tunis
Tunisia
tel: +216 97 246 706
fax: +216 71 391 166