Re: Please help! Lost my LVM VG...

Andrew Junev wrote:
I'm prompted to enter a root password to get to system maintenance, or
Ctrl+D to continue.

In the system maintenance I can see there's /dev/VolGroup00 but
there's no /dev/VolTerabytes00, so my newly-created VG seem to be
missing!

Running the command:

vgchange -ay VolTerabytes00

Should activate the VG, assuming that all PVs are present (and any needed modules have been loaded).

I tried running lvm and it says "Locking type 1 initialisation failed"
no matter what command I enter...

Check that the file system providing /var has been mounted and is writable.

Assuming it's part of / you probably just need to run:

mount -n -oremount,rw /

Regards,
Bryn.