Re: Please help! Lost my LVM VG...

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Andrew Junev wrote:

Running the command: vgchange -ay VolTerabytes00 Should
activate the VG, assuming that all PVs are present (and any needed modules have been loaded).
I tried running lvm and it says "Locking type 1
initialisation failed" no matter what command I enter...
Check that the file system providing /var has been mounted and
is writable. Assuming it's part of / you probably just need to
run: mount -n -oremount,rw /
Ah, that worked! Thank you!

What shall I do to automatically activate this VG during boot?

If I understand the VG commands correctly, you just did.

I think the OP wants his VG to activate without the need for him to
give the root password at each boot and mess around running commands
by hand :)

Bryn.