Re: Fedora 10 on PS3

JD wrote:
I know of someone who installed yellow dog linux on a PS3.
Works OK. Rather slow when I tested it.

Seann Clark wrote:
Has anyone done this yet, and how does it play on the platform? I am looking at upgrading an old YDL install that has chunks of F5 in it, to a newer PPC O/s for this. I use it mainly for watching movies and TV shows that I have downloaded, so I am interested in how it plays and performs.

~Seann

When I compare the speed of the PS3 to one of my servers, it is rather slow, yes, but it works well for what I want it to, though TV resolution that isn't on an HDTV is kind of lame. I have heard rumors of Fedora 8 and above on them, but I want to see if anyone has done so with 10.

~Seann