Re: Install 32 and 64-bit Sun JDKs On Fedora 10 x86_64

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I want to install both the 32 and 64-bit Sun JDKs on my Fedora 10 x86_64
laptop. Is there any way to do this? I already have the 64-bit JDK
installed and the Java "alternatives" configured. I get the impression
that if I use the Sun rpms they will both install by default to
/usr/java/jdk[version_update] so that installing the 32-bit JDK will
overwrite the 64 bit JDK, which I don't think I want. If I could get the
Sun installer process to install to a separate directory within
/usr/java, that would probably work.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Yes, download both versions from

   http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281

with the extension of ".bin" into /usr.

Then chmod 755 the files, execute them, i.e., install them.

Then rename the install directories to say

/usr/j2se /usr/j2se32

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states: "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."