FC6 and samba update

Stephen Leonard Character Stephen.Character at Alorica.net
Fri Feb 13 14:54:02 UTC 2009

Hi all, I have a Fedora 6 production server in a pc refurb company that
process about 1000 different pcs a day. We use pxeboot for most
everything. I keep getting issues with samba locking on files, then
crashing. I want to upgrade to a newer version of samba to try and
rectify this issue. Can I use a rpm from fedora 8 or 10 and it still
work? This server doesn't have internet access so it would be local
installs

Thank you in advance