mediawiki dependencies

Why on earth is texlive a dependency with mediawiki? I'd rather not have 100 megs of fluff on my system.

# yum install mediawiki
[...]
Install 28 Package(s) Update 0 Package(s) Remove 0 Package(s)
Total download size: 97 M
Is this ok [y/N]: n

I have mediawiki running from a tarball from mediawiki.org without any issues serving thousands of users. Looks like I'll be sticking to my tarball.