collective nouns (was: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:13:29 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 09:19 -0500, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:05:11 +0000

> >> I've heard bigger is supposed to be better: Fedoristas
> >>
> >> (and it has that Spanish Bullfighter sound to it)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sam
> >>
> > I'll see your Fedoristas and raise it two letters: Fedoraphiles
>
> I'll see your Fedoraphiles and raise 2 more: Fedoraphiliacs
>
> Hmm. Sounds like a disease ... :-)
It would probably be translatable as "One who has an abnormal attraction
to Fedora" (c.f. Necrophiliac)

Maybe there could be several collective nouns:

Fedorallergics: People who break out into a rash at the very mention of
it (Ubuntu users? ;o)
Fedoraphobics: People who hate Fedora, but use it anyway.
Fedoraphiles: People who like Fedora
Fedoraphiliacs: People who like Fedora a little too much.

--
Sam