Re: collective nouns (was: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 09:19 -0500, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:05:11 +0000
> "Sharpe, Sam J" <sam sharpe+lists redhat gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Ian Malone wrote:
>>>>
>>> I'd like it a little shorter and go for 'Fedoran'.
>>>
>> I've heard bigger is supposed to be better: Fedoristas
>>
>> (and it has that Spanish Bullfighter sound to it)
>>
>> --
>> Sam
>>
> I'll see your Fedoristas and raise it two letters: Fedoraphiles

I'll see your Fedoraphiles and raise 2 more: Fedoraphiliacs

Hmm. Sounds like a disease ... :-)
It would probably be translatable as "One who has an abnormal attraction to Fedora" (c.f. Necrophiliac)

Maybe there could be several collective nouns:

Fedorallergics: People who break out into a rash at the very mention of it (Ubuntu users? ;o)
Fedoraphobics: People who hate Fedora, but use it anyway.
Fedoraphiles: People who like Fedora
Fedoraphiliacs: People who like Fedora a little too much.

--
Sam