Re: F10: can't get dual-head working

Dave Mitchell wrote:
Ah thanks.
For the record, my problem was due to insufficient virtual screen size.

I created a minimal /etc/X11/xorg.conf to set a virtual screen big enough
for two 1440x900 displays stacked vertically:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
            Depth           24
            Virtual         1400 1800
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Logged back in, and now it works (modulo gnome panels being screwed up in
various unamusing ways).
If you want to go past 2048 pixels in either direction on a 945 you have to turn off acceleration
(Option      "NoAccel" "true" in the "intel" driver section).

Jeff