Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Rangeen Basu wrote:

> More over "UNIX was
> costly" Linux is not. Its free and one software can work on all
> distros. So there is really no question of failing.

Actually, AT&T Unix was free - I don't think they were allowed to sell it.
We acquired Unix edition 5 but never got it to run
because it didn't have drivers for the computer we were using (pdp-11/23).

Then I was attending a lecture at a university in the UK
which I had better not name,
and the guy in charge of the computer system there
gave me a copy on 2 tapes of their entire version 5 system,
including all user files.
(I think they were running it on a pdp-11/44.
In any case it had all the drivers we needed.)

Those were the days.