Firefox does not open .PNG files anymore

Hi,

Since recently, possibly after the upgrade to 3.0.6, Firefox does not
open .PNG files anymore. When I click a link which points to a .PNG
file, Firefox asks for an external application to open the file instead
of opening it directly in Firefox. How do I get the old behavior back?

Thanks,

Marcelo