Re: Firefox does not open .PNG files anymore

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since recently, possibly after the upgrade to 3.0.6, Firefox does not
> open .PNG files anymore. When I click a link which points to a .PNG
> file, Firefox asks for an external application to open the file instead
> of opening it directly in Firefox. How do I get the old behavior back?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

I've seen this happen, too. I'm pretty sure this is because of
incorrectly configured websites. A website is supposed to send a header
telling the browser what kind of file it's sending (in this case,
image/png) - if it doesn't send the right one, the browser offers the
user to download the file.