First thoughts on KDE4.2... lots of bugs...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 14 05:15:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 22:56 -0500, homburg at tips-Q.com wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:17:59 -0700
> Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> > I too am not crazy about the new blue panel (apparently
> > unchangeable)
>
> It is changeable. The desktop theme is really the panel
> theme. I use "elegance" and have a blended dark gray panel.
----
ah - that was what I needed...desktop theme. I was looking at panel
settings. I guess the reason they are using Oxygen is because it does
appear more 3D like but I found silicon to be compact and attractive.
----
> >and for some strange reason, the
> > 'Application Launcher' widget in my panel on my laptop
> > since upgrade is now a blank document with a question
> > mark and removing the widget and re-adding doesn't fix
> > that - it looks tacky.
>
> Strange. Mine is fine. I have a funny feeling that KDE has
> some problems with settings migration.
----
dunno - my desktop the icon is fine and this system has been migrated
from at least FC6 up to now F10. My Acer Aspire One has only known F10
and here it's tacky. Not sure how much migration there is.

Craig