Re: Firefox does not open .PNG files anymore

Em Sáb 14 Fev 2009, Konstantin Svist escreveu:
> Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since recently, possibly after the upgrade to 3.0.6, Firefox does
> > not open .PNG files anymore. When I click a link which points to a
> > .PNG file, Firefox asks for an external application to open the
> > file instead of opening it directly in Firefox. How do I get the
> > old behavior back?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> I've seen this happen, too. I'm pretty sure this is because of
> incorrectly configured websites. A website is supposed to send a
> header telling the browser what kind of file it's sending (in this
> case, image/png) - if it doesn't send the right one, the browser
> offers the user to download the file.

I'm seeing this in KDE's bugzilla web site (among others), which I have
always used without this problem. And Firefox correctly identify the
file as "PNG image" in the open file dialog. It seems this is not the
cause of the problem. Also, the problem is just with PNG files, but not
other types of image files.

[]'s
Marcelo