Re: please explain yum list to me...

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 06:51 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Why doesn't *synaptics* find xorg-x11-drv-synaptics ?

Because the command line interpreter that you're typing in expands the
wildcards, trying to match something (locally), rather than the
wildcards being passed to yum, and having yum wildcard match something
that it's looking through.

When you want some command to do its own tricks with wildcards, escape
them with a backslash, so the CLI doesn't use them.

e.g. \*example\*

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686