RE: mkinitrd fails in fc5 [solved]

my failure of mkinitrd command was evidently caused
by my cutting, pasting (via mouse middlle button)
from a pdf file    usb_install.pdf   that i  d/ld from somewhere

and every slight change i made was still operating on most of the original.
The copied line looked correct when i  first put into a text file,
but there must have been some character mistranslation.

When i typed in the full command mkinitrd responded as it should

sorry for the noise
Jack