Re: [RANT] Installed F10 - X performance went into the crapper

Gordon Messmer wrote:
john wendel wrote:
Now with F10 I'm using XFCE, and the box is a total P.O.S. Resizing or moving a window is a nightmare, the screen redraw is too slow to keep up with the cursor, and I see lots of screen glitches. When I open an app like Firefox with a complicated screen, I see the screen being drawn in individual pieces. Scrolling text in a Vim console is much too slow to be usable.

My first guess is that your system is using the VESA driver rather than nv. Maybe you should send /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?

Thanks, I didn't think of this one. I'll check when I return to work.

Regards,

John