Re: [RANT] Installed F10 - X performance went into the crapper

Peter Arremann wrote:
On Sunday 15 February 2009 12:50:48 am john wendel wrote:
a 1600x1200 monitor

With FC6, I ran KDE 3.5 without any problems.

Now with F10 I'm using XFCE, and the box is a total P.O.S.

Sorry for the big edit but I cut out everything that wasn't 100% on topic ;)

Anyway - I've had the same. 1920x1200 laptop display with a 8400M.
FC6 was fine. 7 and 8 sucked. 9 worked great again. 10 is the worst so far. You can't even scroll a full screen firefox window without waiting 1-2 seconds per screen refresh. Only happens for me with large resulutions > 1280x1024.

Unfortunately I can't say I can help. This has been going on forever and I've tried everything I can think of. The only solution for me was to use the closed source nvidia driver...
Hope you feel better knowing you're not alone ;)

Peter.

I haven't tried the nvidia driver with F10. I don't like it due to the huge memory usage, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

John