system-config-network problem

I'm in the process of replacing FC9 with FC10. As the boxes on my LAN are ethernet-wired I've disabled NetworkManager and am running network. Everything is working normally (access across the LAN and to the Internet) except on the machine on which I have just installed FC10. Something keeps replacing the Netmask entry I want for eth0 (255.255.255.0) with the Gateway address (192.168.1.11). This occurs in both the system-config-network widget and the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file. So I can't reach the Internet from this box (although I can ssh to the other machines.) This rewriting of the Netmask field keeps occurring in both places no matter where (or how many times) I make the corrections. The network-scripts directory does not contain a route-eth0 file which, in my understanding, is another place where this problem might be occurring. Thanks for the help!

Jerry