Re: Problem Installing program with SUDO

2009/2/15 Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at>:
> suvayu ali wrote:
>> But the way to edit the file safely is not. Type visudo in terminal to
>> do that. It launches vi editor and prevents simultaneous edits of the
>> file.
>
> But in practice you'll get away with kdesu kwrite /etc/sudoers just fine.

That is true unless you are in a large multi-user environment. (most
likely the OP probably is not ) But what I find more helpful in using
visudo is you don't need to find the file and don't need to worry
about the proper permissions in case it gets changed by mistake. It
takes care of all the subtleties of the situation and prevents me from
doing stupid mistakes. ( + vi is cool. I admit that even though I use
emacs for my editing ^_^ )

--
Suvayu