Re: cron.hourly/daily/weekly/etc. in rawhide

Mike Chambers wrote:
> I looked in /etc/crontab and it only has instructions now it seems on
> how to setup a crontab.  But even reading the anacrontab man page, I
> can't see where my cron.daily (for example) is set to run at 4:xx ish
> every night.  I do see in /etc/anacrontab about delays and some
> settings.  But guess I don't understand how it works now.
>
> I guess the basic question is, now where do I change what time I want
> cron.daily to run now if not /etc/crontab?

Anacron does not run cron.daily: /etc/cron.daily/0anacron runs anacron.

/usr/share/doc/anacron-2.3/README

"Anacron is not an attempt to make cron redundant.  It cannot
currently be used to schedule commands at intervals smaller than days.
It also does not guarantee that the commands will be executed at any
specific day or hour."

Andrew.