Re: Black vs. blue panel (was: Re: First thoughts on KDE4.2...)

On Monday 16 February 2009 11:34:47 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I don't suppose you know one with a transparent panel?  I'm using 'naked'
> > (or maybe 'bare naked'? - since I changed some settings it just shows as
> > 'customized') which looks good for widgets etc., but still leaves me with
> > a black panel.
>
> Try Oxyglass. Though, no matter what the theme, translucency will only work
> with desktop effects enabled.

Effects is enabled - just not using most.  Oxyglass gives grey handles to
widgets, semi-transparent, and a grey-gradient panel.  Naked and Bare Naked
give totally transparent handles but a flat black panel.

I have OpenGL rendering.  I wonder if that's affecting things?  Maybe I should
try the alternative.

Anne