Re: KDE 4.2 requires local MySQL Server

Martín Marqués wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com>:
>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Martín Marqués
>> <martin marques gmail com> wrote:
>>> IMHO, this is the beginning of the end of KDE
>> Because some portions of it require a free database engine? Seriously?
>
> Not becuase of that. Because it's starting to use resources which are
> totally unnecesary. It's starting to look like the Linux Vista: Nice,
> but useless.

What part of KDE requires MySQL server?  None that I am aware of. But
then I build my own from source and not rely on these asinine package
dependencies from binary packages.  There are NO KDE components that
/require/ MySQL.  You can' specify database support, but it's not required.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support