myqsl dummy needs help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 19:10:05 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Robert L Cochran wrote:
>There is a 'root'@'localhost' account, but it has no password. For more
>information see the MySQL knowledgebase at www.mysql.com.
>
>Been there, done that.
>
>Bob

So have I Bob, and other than disclosing my /tmp perms weren't as wide open as
they needed to be, which was denying INNoDB permission to write a scratch
file, no change.  I even ripped it out and reinstalled even more of it,
again, no change.

The only way I can access it is with:
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &

So where is this "grant-tables"?