Re: KDE 4.2 requires local MySQL Server

On Monday 16 February 2009 18:58:55 Martín Marqués wrote:

> BTW, is there a way to disable akonadi and still work with KDE destop?

Yes.  I'm still looking forward to eventually benefitting from akonadi, but
it's not for me at the moment.  KOrganizer asks me if I want to put entries
into an akonadi-compatible diary, and I decline, selecting my old-style one.
Absolutely no akonadi configuration has been done at this point.

It is, in fact, the right answer, IMO, but still in relatively early days.

Anne