problems compiling source code using gcc

hello eveyone,

Ive been trying to compile some applications but i always run into errors, see error below.

[davidga localhost gcc]$ gcc -Wall hello.c -o hello
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:359,
  from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
  from hello.c:1:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory

This always happens whenever I want to install a new tool. I have noticed that if I use this flag for gcc -m32 , it always compiles fine.

but why do i get the error shown above? how can i fix this problem? i dont really want to use the -m32 option, as my arch is 64 bits.

Thanks for the help,

Dave