Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

Hi,

I've spent the whole day googling and looking at the Fedora List Archives. All I need to do is disable mouse taps in my mouse pad.

I've edited /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi over and over, but apparently, I don't know the syntax or how it really all works. And all I got was fragmented pieces of information from my research. I would like to adhere to the new approach to configuring hardware. I'm assuming that creating an xorg.conf file just confuses things and doesn't address the new way of doing things.

Ok, so does anyone know how to correctly edit an FDI file to disable mouse taps (and which file)? Or is there a better way?

Btw... I'm running KDE 4.2.0

Thanks in advance,
Rocco