Re: Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

>>> I've spent the whole day googling and looking at the Fedora List
>>> Archives. All I need to do is disable mouse taps in my mouse pad.
>>> I've edited /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi
>>> over and over, but apparently, I don't know the syntax or how it
>>> really all works. And all I got was fragmented pieces of information
>>> from my research. I would like to adhere to the new approach to
>>> configuring hardware. I'm assuming that creating an xorg.conf file
>>> just confuses things and doesn't address the new way of doing
>>> things.
>>>
>>> Ok, so does anyone know how to correctly edit an FDI file to disable
>>> mouse taps (and which file)? Or is there a better way?

>> follow the instructions here
>>
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=206814

> You don't need to do any of that.   All you need to do is:
>
> a) yum install xorg-x11-drv-synaptics
> b) synclient TouchpadOff=1
>
> I am writing a Qt GUI to interface with synclient as we speak.
>
> LG

yum list xorg-x11-drv-synaptics reveals that it was installed all along. It didn't work until I copied a previous xorg.conf file to /etc/X11 and added in the InputDevice section (among other things)...

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Synaptics"
	Driver      "synaptics"
	Option      "SHMConfig" "on"