Space Allocation Problems

GERALD HOOPER ghphpr at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 17 16:43:23 UTC 2009

Hi Red Hat Group
I recently installed Fedora V7 from LXFDVD95 dated August 2007 on a separate hard 20gb hard drive. I then received 250 plus critical updates to my system which failed to install because the /var directory ran out of space. When I checked the actual space used on my disc by the Fedora System it was only 3.5 gb meaning that I had plenty of space left if only the system could have taken advantage of it. Is there a tool that I can download that will fix this problem for me or do I have to perform a manual install using my own size values? If so what are the recommended sizes that I should use?

PS This mail is coming to you from Windows XP on a  separate disc because the email system on fedora fails to send my mail but still receives it. The system fails to recognise my supplier of services on pop.ntlworld.com
Again any thoughts about this second problem?

Thanks

Gerry Hooper

Thank You

Gerald Hooper