F10 -- Xen, VirtualBox, or VMWare?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Feb 17 16:56:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:50:36 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
	[...]
> KVM can virtualize everything, and does not by itself contain any M$
> software. But if you want to use KVM to run Window$ programs, you'll
> need an installation of Window$ inside it. Try WINE if you want to run
> Window$ programs without M$ crap.

	I've been trying both Wine and CrossoverOffice for the last ten
years -- and asking both here and in several other places. Wine has
gotten a lot better at what I want: it can now install and run a couple
of topo map software suites. But it still can't make any of them connect
to a GPS -- or at least not to any of my GPSs, which still use serial
ports, not even with adapters.

	There are reports (one on the wine list, for instance) that a
couple of virtualizers can ....