Re: myqsl dummy needs help

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 17 February 2009, Gordon Messmer wrote:
It's not quite that bad.  You can reset by simply removing the contents
of /var/lib/mysql and starting the mysql service.  If you have a
database to save, you can use --skip-grant-tables and resetting any
passwords that you require.

I am glad that it worked for you. I did that 4 times, and each time the restart was foiled by selinux. Only a total, complete nuke job, cleaning up all the leftovers with rm, succeeded in making a fresh install work.

That is very likely because you removed /var/lib/mysql, and did not "restorecon /var/lib/mysql" when you re-created it.

I'm also still curious how your /tmp got its permissions restricted. Did you do that intentionally?