Re: Space Allocation Problems

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 16:43 +0000, GERALD HOOPER wrote:
Hi Red Hat Group I recently installed Fedora V7 from LXFDVD95 dated August 2007 on a
separate hard 20gb hard drive. I then received 250 plus critical
updates to my system which failed to install because the /var
directory ran out of space.

No it didn't. Directories don't have space limits. Partitions on the
other hand, do.

Not entirely true.  There is a file count limit in ext2/3 directories.
Can't recall what it is offhand, but something like 32767 files (2^15
-1).  I've hit it before.
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -