Re: KDE 4.2 requires local MySQL Server

Andreas M. Kirchwitz wrote:
> If MySQL is installed, this also means that self-compiled software
> automatically finds the MySQL installation and compiles in support
> for MySQL and links with MySQL libraries.

Only if you have mysql-devel installed, which is not dragged in by KDE. They
can't link to MySQL without the -devel package. And if you have that -devel
package installed, they'll almost certainly link the client libs no matter
whether you have the server installed or not. (How else would use use them
with a server on a different machine?) So I don't see how having
mysql-server installed changes anything there.

        Kevin Kofler