Re: qemu-kvm: qns regarding network and usb keyboard setup

Kevin Kofler wrote:
suvayu ali wrote:
Neither can I go to a virtual terminal using Ctrl+Alt+<Fn key>. everytime
I press Ctrl+Alt it releases the keyboard input and I am back in the host.

Even if the grab wasn't released by Ctrl+Alt, the key would still be
intercepted by the host. This happens at X11 level, so the key doesn't even
reach applications such as QEMU-KVM.

I have no idea what you mean here, sequences such as Cntl-Alt-2 (control console) certainly do reach QEMU and bring the expected response. That they go through the driver, kernel, X11, and for all I know Paris is detail, the point is that these sequences do pass through unless some higher level acts on them.

To the O.P.: sure, the secret is the Alt-Cntl-2 escape which takes you to the QEMU monitor. There you can send what you want (type help) which is
  sendkey Cntl-Alt-f2
to change to a non-X terminal.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>