Re: Network Manager Preferencing Wireless Connection

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 14:24 -0500, homburg tips-Q com wrote:
When I boot up, I am connected to the wireless device.
If I pull the network cable from the computer and then push
it back in, NM spins around and then connects the wired
device.
This must be an F10 special. In F9 it connects to the wired device if it is present. And where both are present both are active.

Well, i am on F10 and the same happens with me (ie: both get connected, when both are present and active).

Is there something that I can tweak or is this just a small
bug?

Make sure that you have the wired connection set to connect automatically (ie: right click the NM applet, select the eth0 device and Edit, the 'connect automatically' option should be selected).

In any case, you should not have to pull the network cable and push it back it, left clicking the NM applet and selecting the connection should start the NM spins :)

HTH,
- steve

--
Linux Centric Marketplace: http://www.tuxcompatible.com