Re: Does Fedora11-alpha contain Linux-2.6.29rc?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> wrote:
Antonio Olivares wrote:

--- On Mon, 2/16/09, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com> wrote:

From: Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com>
Subject: Does Fedora11-alpha contain Linux-2.6.29rc?
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: Monday, February 16, 2009, 9:25 AM
Hi,

Does Fedora11-Alpha use RC versions of 2.6.29, or still
stick to
2.6.28 until 2.6.29 is released?
Yes, pretty much.  We are running 2.6.29rcX kernels :)
The reason I ask is that the Intel driver is horribly
broken with
2.6.28's GEM stuff, and I hope things got better until
now.
We hope many things get better as well :)  Enjoying the ride with rawhide!

Not so much, I did an alpha install and it worked really well. A few days later I did an update (with "yum upgrade") and it hung during the upgrade never to boot again in any way. No, I mean any way, no POST, no way into BIOS, dead.

I pulled the disk and cleared the MBR and partition table, still wouldn't even POST, cleared the NV memory, reflashed the BIOS, dropped back to FC10.

No complaint, I know it's alpha, but that was the most hosed system I have ever seen. At least that I was able to recover w/o replacing hardware. Shuttle with Celeron and Sis chipset, and *NO* I don't want to continue testing. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot

I do think there is something wrong with your hardware.

--
南无楞严会上佛菩萨!南无楞严会上佛菩萨!南无楞严会上佛菩萨!