X locks up with Intel Q45/Q43

Alessandro Boggiano boggiano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:53:27 UTC 2009

Paulo Cavalcanti ha scritto:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Alessandro Boggiano <boggiano at gmail.com
> <mailto:boggiano at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     And right now,while I'm typing, X is locked up and I can see (in
>     ssh) in /var/log/Xorg.0.log a lot of these:
>
>     [mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
>     [mi] mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.

>     The GPU is an Intel Q45/Q43 (using driver intel)
>     and the monitor is a DELL E178FP.
>

> Just use the appropriate resolution for your case. It may help:
>
> Section "Device"
> *        Option     "Tiling" "False"*
> EndSection
>

> Section "Screen"
> *                Modes    "1280x800" "1024x768"* *"800x600"*
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection

Thanks Paulo,
but it still doesn't work: the screen is still a mess !

To give you and idea have a look to these screenshots:
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/snapshot1.png
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/snapshot2.png

Here, there are my Xorg.log and xorg.conf:
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/Xorg.0.log
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/xorg.conf

And I tried to disable the HDMI port because, after my first post, the
monitor entered in "power save mode" even with the xorg.conf file ! :(

Thanks
Alessandro