Re: X locks up with Intel Q45/Q43

Paulo Cavalcanti ha scritto:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Alessandro Boggiano <boggiano gmail com <mailto:boggiano gmail com>> wrote:

    And right now,while I'm typing, X is locked up and I can see (in
    ssh) in /var/log/Xorg.0.log a lot of these:

    [mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
    [mi] mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.

    The GPU is an Intel Q45/Q43 (using driver intel)
    and the monitor is a DELL E178FP.

Just use the appropriate resolution for your case. It may help:

Section "Device"
*        Option     "Tiling" "False"*
EndSection
Section "Screen"
*                Modes    "1280x800" "1024x768"* *"800x600"*
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Thanks Paulo,
but it still doesn't work: the screen is still a mess !

To give you and idea have a look to these screenshots:
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/snapshot1.png
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/snapshot2.png

Here, there are my Xorg.log and xorg.conf:
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/Xorg.0.log
http://www.alessandroboggiano.it/FC10/xorg.conf

And I tried to disable the HDMI port because, after my first post, the monitor entered in "power save mode" even with the xorg.conf file ! :(

Thanks
Alessandro